Capturing memories with ALL your loved ones! When planning a large group family photography session, choosing the right clothing is key. Here are some creative outfit ideas for your whole tribe.
One clothing tip we recommend is to choose colors that complement each other without being too matchy-matchy. Think warm earth tones, subtle pastels, and soft neutrals that blend seamlessly with Arizona's beautiful landscapes. If everyone is staying casual, incorporate jeans, khaki pants or other skirts or dresses to keep the look cohesive. Avoid shorts where possible, mixing too many different colors such as bold jewel tones with pastels or a softer palette. The person wearing the brightest color will stand out the most when you want the group to stand out as a whole.
Here are some more tips for selecting colors and patterns that will help your family look their best in your portraits:
1. Coordinate, But Don't Match: You don't want your family to look like they're wearing a uniform in your portraits, but you do want your clothing choices to be coordinated. One easy way to do this is to pick a color palette, such as earth tones or pastels, and have everyone wear clothes that complement those colors. You can also mix and match patterns and textures to add interest and depth to the photos.
2. Avoid Busy Patterns: Busy patterns, such as plaids or stripes, can be distracting in photos and take away from the focus on your family. Also avoid shirts with big logos or strong messages. Instead, opt for solid colors or subtle patterns like small polka dots or florals.
3. Consider the Background: Think about the location of your photography session and choose colors and patterns that will complement the background. For example, if you're taking photos in a field of green grass, avoid wearing green clothing as it may blend in and detract from the overall composition.
4. Dress for the Season: Dress appropriately for the season and location of the photography session. If you're taking photos in the fall, consider wearing warm, earthy tones, while in the summer, lighter and brighter colors can work well.
5. Accessorize: Accessories can add interest and texture to your photos. Consider adding scarves, denim jackets or jewelry to your outfits to complement your clothing choices and add visual interest to the photo. A small pop of color can also add to the photo look, such as his red pocket square above.
6. Keep it Timeless: When choosing clothing for your photography session, it's best to keep it simple and timeless. Avoid trendy clothing that may look dated in a few years, and opt for classic styles that will stand the test of time.
In general, it's important to choose clothing that reflects your family's personality and style. The most important thing is that you feel comfortable and confident in your clothing choices. By selecting the right colors and patterns, you can ensure that your family looks their best in your photography portraits!